Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lilly's 1st Birthday and Easy DIY Fall Decor

Here we are almost a month after Lilly's 1st birthday party and I am just getting around to making a blog about it.......oh well. Better late than never =) I wanted to really share with you how stress free and simple her party was to plan! Granted I am not one of those girly girls that made a big hooplah out of it--I wanted it simple, small and easy. A day and time to really soak in every moment and relish in the fact that our child has survived her first year of life! 

*Lilly absolutely LOVED the frosting on her cake and we loved watching her dig into it! 

We had the actual party at Grandma Barrett's house which worked out great! I wanted a Fall Themed birthday party and Grandma's fall decorations looked perfect all around the house! We actually just took a few decorations from my house and put them outside on the tables to bring the theme outside!



The weather was absolutely perfect that day! If you look closely in the top left picture you will see our balloon pumpkins in the yard---this was a fun and easy party favor for the kiddos! We simply put a few pieces of candy in each balloon, blew them up, drew faces on and tied green ribbon on top. Then the kiddos got to pop the balloon to get the candy out! 

The other quick, easy and cheap craft I made was for our moms. I wanted to make them some fall decor that they could take home as a 'thank you!' for both of them helping out with her party! So, first place I went was the Dollar Tree and I hit the jackpot!!!! I bought some fake flowers and leaves and two Styrofoam pumpkins. I tore off the top of the pumpkin, cut the steams off of the fake leaves and flowers and just stuck the stems into the Styrofoam pumpkins. It literally took me about 5 minutes each to make! Will make great teacher gifts as she gets older =)

*The leaves had really pretty glitter on them that you can't really tell in these pictures. 

I think they turned out great and our moms really enjoyed them! In regards to food we kept it nice and simple as well. We just BBQ'd and my mom made some delicious salads. All in all it was a great day with great friends and family around us not to mention all of the awesome presents that Lilly got!

*Lilly with my dad after her cake smashing 

*Three generations of amazing ladies! Lilly, My mom and Lilly's Great Paternal Grandma 

No comments:

Post a Comment